Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Outfit # 65 and 66: Wild Conservative and Laid Back Plaid

 This outfit is totally cute and comfortable. I took a loose fitting cheetah metallic print tank top (see a close up of the fabric below) and put it under a  slouchy black cardigan. I added a long silver stone and feather necklace and faux diamond stud earrings to the outfit it give it a fun feel. I also piled on some silver rings. To keep the fun factor going I took a pair of lightly flared jeans. Lastly, I took black ballet flats to complete the look.

Tank top: Loft
Sweater: Loft
Jeans: Vanity
Necklace: Forever 21
Earrings: Claire's
Rings: Loft and H&M
Shoes: Target
This is a close up of what my tank top looks like. You can see the metallic cheetah print.









This look is casual and laid back. This plaid jacket is completely cozy, warm and fun. The rule that I follow with layering pieces with plaid is I take the less dominant color in the plaid piece and take a shirt that is that color and put it under the plaid. Therefore, I took a brown (which is the less dominant color) Roxy waffle textured shirt and put it under the plaid sweater jacket. This pulls the less dominant color out of the plaid. I chose skinny jeans so I could tuck them into my Emu boots. This look could be seen walking around up in a snowy mountain town before hitting the slopes.


Sweater Jacket: Kohl's
Roxy shirt: Costco
Jeans: Delias.com
Emu Australia boots: alloy.com
Grandmother's Watch: Seiko

No comments:

Post a Comment