Friday, December 2, 2011

Outfit # 40: Sweater Dress Layers

I think sweater dresses are essential for the fall and winter and many are short sleeved so layering is key. I took my grey sweater dress and put a 3/4 sleeve button up under it. I would have liked to have had a long sleeved black one instead but I don't have one. Therefore, I rolled the sleeves up and styled the cuff down because I thought that the 3/4 sleeved one would look kind of goofy with such an odd length difference between the dress and the button down. I popped the collar up just a bit to make it stand out. I added leggings and chose my over-the-knee riding boots to give the look some edgy detailing. I removed the sweater fabric belt that came with the dress and added a skinny colored one. I knotted the belt after I put it through the loops for a more interesting effect. I added a stack of rings and added diamond stud earrings. I should have added my black diamond accent watch.

Shirt: New York & Co.
Dress: Kohl's
Leggings: Loft
Boots: Simply Vera Wang; Kohl's
Belt: Loft
Rings: H&M
Earrings: Claire's

No comments:

Post a Comment