Saturday, November 12, 2011

Outfit # 20: Vintage Glamour

One old rule in fashion was that you shouldn't wear white after Labor Day. Well that rule really doesn't apply anymore so feel free to wear white to your hearts content. I chose these shorts for a night out because of the satin material. This outfit can be worn for a night out, holiday party, or switch out a cocktail dress for cute shorts. These shorts are high-waisted and have sailor detailing and remind me of 1940 pin ups. I added the black color shirt to keep the look modernized. I added two necklaces and would have added more if I had more but I am working with what I have so I doubled up the pearls to make them look like I had more. I added pearl bracelets and a silver balled ring along with diamond studs and a cute little headband. I kept the vintage feel going with the t-strap patent heels. Sorry about my shin guard tan from playing soccer. I would have added black tights possibly with a pattern but tights aren't fun to put on so I was a bit lazy on that aspect. So if you have an even skin tone on your legs more power to you to just wear this outfit with bare legs.

Headband: Simply Vera Wang; Kohl's
Earrings: Claire's
Necklaces: Pearls; Claire's, Silver; Body Central Catalogue
Bracelets: Claire's
Shirt: New York & Co.
Shorts: Fredricks of Hollywood
Shoes: Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment