Monday, January 30, 2012

Outfit # 99: Three Tone Color Blocking

One of the issues that I have had for a long time is incorporating color to my wardrobe. I was scared to wear color; especially colored pants. I have tried to come out of my comfort zone and add colored pants that aren't typical like blue jeans. I encourage other people to try and go out of their comfort zone. I took mint green skinny fit corduroy pants (which I am not a fan of corduroy pants but these cords are what I would consider micro cords) and paired it with a slouchy navy blue cardigan. Blue and green look really good together and I added another touch of green with the belt that is cinched at the waist. I went simple with a white fitted t-shirt underneath for some separation of each color.  I wish I had navy ballet flats but since I don't I chose my silver ones. I added a old watch but now that I am looking at the look, I would have changed that and put a white or silver watch with it. If I leave the gold watch, I should have put a light gold necklace with the ensemble. So take your Christmas money or gift cards and venture out of your comfort zone and buy some colored pants.


Sweater: Loft
T-shirt: Kohl's
Pants: Loft (current buy)
Belt: Loft (current buy)
Shoes: Target
Watch: Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment