Saturday, October 29, 2011

Outfit # 6 Date Night Stripes and Dots

For a lot of people, Saturday usually means dressing up and going out. It could also be date night! So I came up with this outfit using the theme for the week. Mixing prints. Polka dots are very hot right now this fall and I feel like we will be seeing it through the winter and all the way into next spring. I took my boat neck navy and cream striped t-shirt and paired it with my navy and cream polka dot shorts. These shorts are so cute and I love that they have pockets. When I was styling this outfit, I wanted it to be cute but a bit sexy by playing up my legs. When going about dressing sexy, you want to show skin but not overly done. If you have less on top, make sure you aren't showing a lot of skin on bottom and vice versa. I added the belt to break the outfit up and give it some color with the cognac part of the belt. I kept the shoes neutral to keep the focus on the mixed patterns. Added gold accents with the watch and earrings and opted out of wearing a necklace because I feel that would have been way to much. Sometimes less it always more on accessories.  
Pairing nude color shoes to an outfit where you're showing skin on the bottom half, is an awesome way to add length to your legs.

Shirt: Loft
Belt: Delias.com
Shorts: Lauren Conrad; Kohl's
Earrings: Daisy Fuentes; Kohl's
Grandmothers watch: Seiko
Shoes: Lauren Conrad; Kohl's


2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! The shoes are amazing, and just to add - you have got great teeth! hehe

    Much Love
    Aimee

    coffeelondonaimee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aimee! That means a lot! :D

    ReplyDelete