Thursday, October 27, 2011

Outfit # 4: Dots, Ruffles and Stripes Oh my!

Hello, Thursday readers! Welcome to mixing prints take two! I paired the navy ruffle polka dot top with the navy and grey striped cardigan to give the outfit texture and dimension. Also remember mixing prints can be easy. Just make sure each piece has the same color or same color family. Here you will find me dressing for my body type. Adding a ruffle shirt gives a little more volume on top if you aren't very fortunate like I am. I am highlighting my long legs with my favorite over-the-knee riding boots and trying to play up features that aren't necessarily my best. Adding a belt at the waist gives me some shape and is making my short waste and short torso look longer. Cognac accessories break up the dominant navy in the outfit and gives it a sense of refinement.

Top: Loft
Cardigan: Loft
Jeggings: Target
Belt: Loft
Boots: Loft
Earrings and necklace: Daisey Fuentes; Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment